Serving East Bay, SF, Marin and Peninsula Area.
I’m with women before, during and after birth to support them to have a fulfilling, empowering experience.
As a doula, I provide physical comfort, emotional support, and information throughout the birth process for mother, baby and family. I also offer help and advice on comfort measures such as breathing, relaxation, movement and positioning. I can/do use a birthing ball, massage, music, aromatherapy, visualization, breathing, and tips on positioning. I have been trained as a birth doula and have experience working with women during pregnancy and after birth. Drawing on my training and experience, I accompany women through labor to help ensure the safest, most satisfying experience possible.
- Initial Consultation – to meet, talk, answer any questions you may have, and ensure that we’re a good fit for one another
- A minimum of 2 prenatal visits – to get to know each other better, discuss topics such as your birth options and preferences, baby-feeding basics, postpartum planning, demonstrate tools and comfort measures, and ensure that all of your questions are answered
- Unlimited support via phone and email
- Continuous support throughout your birthing time until ~2 hours postpartum
- Photos of birth and newborn baby if you desire
- A detailed timeline of your birthing time
- A postpartum visit at your home to check on your recovery, discuss your birth experience and new motherhood, and answer any questions you may have
- A referral network to meet any needs outside of my scope of practice
Postpartum Doula Service
After your birth, your postpartum doula helps support you to have more time and energy for caring for yourself and bonding with your baby. A postpartum doula is what we like to call an extra set of hands for when you need them most. She is with you to empower and encourage you, support your self care, offer information, and as a source of referrals to other specialists when they are necessary.
Service Includes assistance with
- Physical and emotional birth recovery for mother
- Breastfeeding or bottle feeding
- Baby care
- Sibling and family support
- Meal preparation
- Household organization
- Local resources and referrals
- Your transition to motherhood